The war in Ukraine started one year ago and Russia has been hit by some of the most extreme sanctions ever seen on such a large economy. But have they worked? The government’s revenue tumbled in recent months, but in 2022 Russia had the largest current account surplus ever. Now two rounds of oil export sanctions have been imposed but it is clear there is also ready significant leakage via India and China.
Join the bne IntelliNews webinar where an extremely distinguished panel of leading experts will chew over the results of the first year of war in Ukraine.
- Ben Aris, editor in chief of bne IntelliNews
- Elina Ribakova, deputy chief economists at Institute of International Finance (IIF)
- Iikka Korhonen, the head of the Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies
- Alexander Isakov the chief Russia and CEE Economist for Bloomberg Economics and previously chief economist for Russia and CIS at VTB Capital.
- Ivan Tkachev, the economics editor at the Russian daily RBC
You can also watch this on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4vVmFAQPM
Start listening to bne Intellinews
Podcast, today! Subscribe via iTunes, SoundCloud.